Projects that will generate earth disturbance of one (1) acre or greater are required by Pa Code Title 25 Chapter 102.4 to complete and obtain a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit through the HCCD.
Projects occurring within a High Quality or Exceptional Value Watershed must apply for an Individual Permit. Projects occurring in other areas may apply for the General Permit. The E&S technician can guide you through the needed permit and application process.
Depending on your site, other agreements or instrument filings may be required. Examples are listed below.
Other permits may be required depending on the type and scope of project that you are planning. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the HCCD office and request a Pre-Application meeting with the E & S Technician.
Below are links to the required documents and tools that are commonly used to complete the required information for an NPDES permit application.
- Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan Application Form. Please be advised that as of 3/1/2017 previous versions of this form will no longer be accepted.
- NPDES Notice of Intent
- Transferee/Co-Permittee Application (must be notarized)
- Clean Fill Certification Form
- Visual Inspection Report - for weekly use by contractor during construction
- Notice of Termination Form
- Sample Landowner Notification of PCSM O&M
- Five Scenarios for Instrument Filing for an NPDES Permit