Projects that will generate earth disturbance of one (1) required by Pa Code Title 25 Chapter 102.4
Other permits may be required depending on the type and scope of project that you are planning. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the HCCD office and request a Pre-Application meeting with the E & S Technician.
On December 7, 2019, the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) published a final, reissued NPDES General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Construction Activities (PAG-02) in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
The updated PAG-02 General Permit and supporting documents are now available through DEP’s eLibrary website, accessible at (select Permit and Authorization Packages, Clean Water, and PAG-02 NPDES General Permit) or through DEP’s Construction Stormwater website at: (select E&S Resources and look under Permits and Applications).
Below are links to the required documents and tools that are commonly used to complete the required information for an NPDES permit application.
Permits and Applications
- PAG-02 General NPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Construction Activities, PAG-02 Notice of Intent (NOI), and Other PAG-02 Documents
- Application for an Individual NPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Construction Activities
- Notice of Intent (NOI) for Coverage under the Erosion and Sediment Control General Permit (ESCGP-3) for Earth Disturbance Associated with Oil and Gas Exploration, Production, Processing, or Treatment Operations or Transmission Facilities
- Application for an Individual Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Permit
- Chapter 102 Permit Modules (E&S Module 1, PCSM Module 2, Antidegradation Module 3, and Riparian Buffer Module 4)
- Chapter 102 Forms – this folder contains the Co-Permittee Liability Release Form, Co-Permittee Acknowledgement Form for Chapter 102 Permits, Chapter 102 County Notification Form, Chapter 102 Municipal Notification Form, Visual Site Inspection Report, and Chapter 102 Pre-Application Meeting Request Form.
- Notice of Termination Form
- Alternative E&S and PCSM BMPs Reviewed by DEP (PDF) (approved BMPs on this listing may be used for managing stormwater associated with new construction projects)
- Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Program Manual (363-2134-008, March 2012) (PDF)
- Corrections for Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Program Manual (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual (363-0300-002, December 2006) (PDF)
- Riparian Forest Buffer Guidance (394-5600-001, November 27, 2010) (PDF)
- Guidelines for Development and Implementation of Environmental Emergency Response Plans (400-2200-001, April 2001) (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – PAG-02 General Permit and Individual NPDES Permits (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Chapter 102 Permit Amendments (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Chapter 102 Permitting for Solar Panel Farms (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Chapter 102 Off-Site Discharges of Stormwater to Non-Surface Waters (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Chapter 102 Common Plan of Development or Sale (PDF)
- Erosion and Sedimentation Standard Construction Details (Compressed CADD files; to uncompress delete the .txt extension after download)
- NOAA's Precipitation Data Frequency Server - Atlas 14 Rainfall Data Pennsylvania Data Map / National Data Map
- Standard Operating Procedures for E&S and NPDES Permits (under Clean Water)
- Homeowners Guide to Stormwater BMP Maintenance (PDF)
- E&S Plan Template for Timber Harvesting
- Acronyms and Abbreviations for Chapter 102 Program (PDF)
- Instrument for the Declaration of Restrictions and Covenants (PDF)
- New Property Owner Post-Construction Stormwater Management BMP Notification and Operation and Maintenance Agreement (PDF)
- DEP PCSM Spreadsheet (XLSB) (Version 1.5) – This spreadsheet developed by DEP is intended to assist with stormwater analyses required by Chapter 102 for PCSM Plans. The spreadsheet is a macro-enabled Excel binary file. Instructions for the spreadsheet are available to assist users.