Projects that will generate earth disturbance of one (1) acre or greater are required by Pa Code Title 25 Chapter 102.4 to complete and obtain a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit through the HCCD. Projects occurring within a High Quality or Exceptional Value Watershed must apply for an Individual Permit. Projects occurring in other areas may apply for the General Permit. The E&S technician can guide you through the needed permit and application process.

Other permits may be required depending on the type and scope of project that you are planning. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the HCCD office and request a Pre-Application meeting with the E & S Technician.

Permit applications should be submitted to the District along with the completed Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan Application Form.


On December 7, 2019, the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) published a final, reissued NPDES General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Construction Activities (PAG-02) in the Pennsylvania Bulletin. 

The updated PAG-02 General Permit and supporting documents are now available through DEP’s eLibrary website, accessible at (select Permit and Authorization Packages, Clean Water, and PAG-02 NPDES General Permit) or through DEP’s Construction Stormwater website at: (select E&S Resources and look under Permits and Applications).


Below are links to the required documents and tools that are commonly used to complete the required information for an NPDES permit application.

Permits and Applications


  • Chapter 102 Forms – this folder contains the Co-Permittee Liability Release Form, Co-Permittee Acknowledgement Form for Chapter 102 Permits, Chapter 102 County Notification Form, Chapter 102 Municipal Notification Form, Visual Site Inspection Report, and Chapter 102 Pre-Application Meeting Request Form.
  • Notice of Termination Form

Alternative BMPs


Other Resources


Web Resources